Setting notes for the Daybreak on Hyperion novels. The world is divided between the continents of Hyperion, Eos, and Eurypha, named after three dragons that sacrificed their lives to keep the world safe. Geopolitical distribution within this setting is intentionally similar to an alternate history Earth injected with fantasy.
- Kingdom of Weichsel: rising military power of settled nomads.
- Empire of Rhin-Lotharingie: proud federation of autonomous tribes.
- Holy Imperium of the Inner Sea: decadent imperial power of past glory.
- Cataliya Caliphate: devout civilization of diversity led by divine mandate.
- Grand Republic of Samara: isolationist state of the reborn.
- Greater Jarldom of Skagen: colonies of barbarian vassal cults.
- Kingdom of Vastergotland: eternal winter realm of the last frost giants.
|Return to Daybreak Main Page|